Status Updates I Almost Posted To The Newsfeed:
1. ...thinks the world of intensive body language, inflections and other related subtleties are Way too much to bear! He's waiting for the day an age-reversing magic bullet arrives that will turn him back to the height and appearance of the boy on the profile picture.
2. ...has now figured out a way to cope with rejection - write about it in a note, but give the rejector an alias. (Unless the event was exceptionally painful that the rejector does not deserve an alias. Which in that case, I may set that note's privacy settings so only a few trusted friends read it.)
3. To any fellow Kansan: Will you ask for his or her number tonight? Beware of 785-875-3188 - that is the REJECTION HOTLINE NUMBER. (Found here: http://www.rejectionhotline.com/rh-numbers.asp?id=S )
So if s/he gives you that number, dial it immediately, tell him/her that you're going to call it right now so s/he can get your phone number on his/her caller ID, and put your call on Speakerphone.
4. ...wonders how anybody with Autism/Asperger's will get a job, since eye-contact matters a lot in an interview, and is what Auties/Aspies anywhere have an issue with.
5. ...had a dream last night that he didn't show up for work, and told his boss the next day that his great-grandparent died, and where the funeral home was. So his boss sent flowers to a funeral home. The flowers were returned, so the boss took me into his office and gave me a big earful.
6. (More to come...)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete