- Most of the people I've asked are either too polite and tell me that I look nice.
- I really do look nice
- Or some are just uncomfortable at being asked to critique another's attractiveness, and therefore refuse.
After uploading, a visitor (or registered member) will see below their photos a 10-button choice bar with the caption: "Rate His/Her Attractiveness." 1 would be, well you know what. 5 would be plain average, and 10 would mean one of the most attractive guys/girls one has ever seen!
Below it would have a multiple-choice menu (that you can select more than one of), with the caption stating: "How should this person look better?" The options, some available for certain genders of photos, would say something like:
- It's the clothes you're wearing. You need a better fashion sense.
- The pimples should go.
- Stop piercing your face.
- How about a better haircut?
- You could do something about your eyebrows/unibrow.
- You look better clean-shaven.
- Grow a goatee.
- You're more attractive with make-up.
- Two words: LOSE WEIGHT.
- Two words: GAIN MUSCLES.
- You look anorexic/bulemic. See a doctor and eat right.
- I don't know what to say other than "Get Plastic Surgery".
- Other (Please fill in the comment box.)
This way of rating your attractiveness would work well with those who:
- cannot find someone honest and straightforward enough to critique them accurately
- somehow doesn't choose to believe what people say about how nice they look
- are too afraid to ask straightforward people of their opinion about their physical appearance
Therefore, I wouldn't feel anywhere near as bad if someone said I was ugly online; many people wouldn't either. Moreover, their suggestions to how I might improve the way I look could prove quite useful to me and many others.
Of course, other sites (like HotOrNot.com) already have similar rating systems, but they don't have options to indicate how we want that person to improve their appearance. They also don't have comment boxes for users to leave tips on how to look better (that weren't covered on the selectible options), as well as perhaps praises about how attractive they already are.
I need to know how to start such a website. If anyone has tips, you may leave a comment.