Son of W.A.Y. parody: Ballad of Felix Tropschuh
- Ballad of Felix Tropschuh
- Song following the tune of "The Toy Trumpet" by Raymond Scott
- This contrafactum is to go over Captain Felix Tropschuh, a German POW from WWII, who was held at Camp Concordia in Concordia, KS and kept a diary where he wrote about his opposition to the Nazi cause.
- This tune was thought of when I first saw the name on a gravestone and heard about him on a documentary about the Concordia POW camp on YouTube.
- Felix Tropschuh - Find A Grave
- Learning Freedom in Captivity - Washington Post
- Music video ideas
- A montage of photos and videos of Felix Tropschuh's gravestone (no known pictures of him alive are findable online) and the Concordia POW camp are to be shown in the music vid.
- As budgets improve, actors dressed as German POWs in a reconstruction of the Concordia POW camp are to act out the relevant scenes (POWs from the Gestapo finding and reading Felix's diary and then making him hang himself) while American camp guards drive past in a vintage war jeep or stand guard somewhere on the outside.
- Lyric ideas
Post a Comment